STROUD SCHOLARSHIP – DRAMA
The Drama scholarship consists of a short interview and an audition. The audition script is available below and should be rehearsed, and preferably learnt, prior to the audition.
The interview will cover:
- Any achievements in drama, both in and out of school
- Extra-curricular interests in drama, such as clubs or youth theatres
- Roles in productions, both in and out of school
- The qualities a candidate will bring to drama at Stroud
The audition will test:
- An ability to learn lines
- Interpretation of a script
- The ability to maintain a role and interact with other actors
- Emotion and characterisation created by the candidate
Below is the script that will be used in the audition. Candidates may take on either role; the examiner will perform the other role. The roles have been split into red and black - the red roles involve two different parts being played. Ideally, candidates will learn the lines off by heart but a copy of the script will be available for prompting.