Year 5 Summer Ideas
If you want to keep yourself in tip top shape this summer then you can try out any of the following to help you with your English skills;
- Go to the following website to brush up on your SPAG (Spelling, Punctuation And Grammar) -https://uk.ixl.com/ela - just select any of the Year 5 tasks and go. You get about 10 minutes of time free each day, which is perfect!
- Use the suggestions in the Senior School reading Olympiad and read a book. You can then choose to complete any of the suggested activities, or just read aloud to someone else and get them to ask you questions about what you have read to test your understanding.
- If you really want to go to town, then ask an adult to buy you one of the following exercise books that we recommend;
- CGP Comprehension Year 5 (Don't buy the Year 6 version!)
- CGP Spelling, Grammar and Punctuation Year 5 (Don't buy the Year 6 version!)
- Collins English Workbook